Hi again,

Another data point. Copy & paste of ParsedXML documents is normal
and fast when the object is in a folder not surrounded by too
many other folders (or objects in general, not sure yet). If I create
a bunch of very large folders sitting next to the ParsedXML document
that I'm going to copy, the copying process slows down and generates
a lot of extraneous megs that I can then clean out again from the ZODB.

Somehow the document is being affected by its environment, though I
doubt I have the full story yet (I did have problems with folders that
were not filled with anything else before).