On Thu, 2002-03-07 at 19:39, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> You know, the funny thing is that TF really accomplishes the goals of a
> ZMI/UI-improvement hack (unclutter a view of a folder to VISUALLY separate
> the software/content/presentation space) implemented, IMHO, in the wrong
> place.  I would think there is another way that a Folder UI could be
> uncluttered without the magic of TF, and that is add "translucency" (items
> are there, but obscured from view) to the UI layer - that is, the ability to
> VISUALLY unclutter different users' views of objects in a folder via ZMI;
> views could be stored per user.
> [...]

Maybe you could have a 'Views' tab where you could configure groups of
filters where each filter would be configured like a 'Find Objects'
query. Then, in the 'Contents' tab you'd have buttons to switch between
those views and the default view, which show all objects.

Ideas don't stay in some minds very long because they don't like
solitary confinement.