On Thu, 2002-03-07 at 19:39, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> You know, the funny thing is that TF really accomplishes the goals of a
> ZMI/UI-improvement hack (unclutter a view of a folder to VISUALLY separate
> the software/content/presentation space) implemented, IMHO, in the wrong
> place.  I would think there is another way that a Folder UI could be
> uncluttered without the magic of TF, and that is add "translucency" (items
> are there, but obscured from view) to the UI layer - that is, the ability to
> VISUALLY unclutter different users' views of objects in a folder via ZMI;
> views could be stored per user.
>
> [...]

Maybe you could have a 'Views' tab where you could configure groups of
filters where each filter would be configured like a 'Find Objects'
query. Then, in the 'Contents' tab you'd have buttons to switch between
those views and the default view, which show all objects.

--
Ideas don't stay in some minds very long because they don't like
solitary confinement.