> There is no way to fix this? What other problems are there with the
> help system?

Not that I can think of.  Other problems with the help system are
presentation, mostly.

> Would it somehow be possible to make the helpsystem ignore versions?

No, unfortunately.  It uses the Catalog, which is based on ZODB, and it
puts a Catalog instance into the main FileStorage, which is undoing and
versioning.  It then proceeds to do writes to the database when it
appears that all you're doing is reading a pre-existing page.  If you're
in a version at the time, a set of objects will be written into the
Catalog and into other places in instance space that  have version.
This is a bad pattern, and the only way to fix it is to prevent it from
happening, which requires some helpsystem architectural changes that
amount (IMHO) to a rewrite.

- C

--
Chris McDonough                    Zope Corporation
http://www.zope.org             http://www.zope.com