From: "Douglas Carnall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> If I am right, then this is an FAQ. Each time I answer it, I plaintively
> wonder aloud why the -D flag would be the default, but I am generally
> ignored.

One reason is that without it, the server prints out nothing at all at
startup, which is confusing to new users. To solve this two things need to
be changed:

1. There need to be a possibility to set the error severity just like with
stupid_log_file, even for printouts to stdoutput. Maybe the stupid_log_file
could be made to be the standard way of logging, and it could log to stdout
if no stupid_log_file was set?

2. The default level for stupid_log_file should be to print INFO and higher
messages. Today the default is only to print PROBLEM and higher.