> 1. There need to be a possibility to set the error severity just like with
> stupid_log_file, even for printouts to stdoutput. Maybe the
stupid_log_file
> could be made to be the standard way of logging, and it could log to
stdout
> if no stupid_log_file was set?

STUPID_LOG_SEVERITY does this.

> 2. The default level for stupid_log_file should be to print INFO and
higher
> messages. Today the default is only to print PROBLEM and higher.

No, the default is to log INFO (0) messages and higher.

Here's a way to start Zope that outputs the STUPID_LOG_FILE to stdout:

./start -D STUPID_LOG_FILE=

I use this all the time during development.  Maybe it should be the
standard, but then again, everybody wants something different ;-)

- C