> > Shall the dump help the regular surfer? I doubt so.
> >
> > Shall it benefit the developer or the tester? Most probably not since
> > are not performing their activities on the production site.
> Oh, they most definitely help the developer or tester, because errors do
> appear on production sites too, and it can be very hard to recreate the
> problem.

The only one problem there is that if a surfer sees the dump most probably
he will not send it to the developer....

> BUT: The developer has access to the system, and the dump doesn't have to
> included in the HTML output. Maybe error dumps could be sent to a disk-log
> of some sort?

Exactly that's my point.
Log it with as many details as you can!
Log it on the local file system or use syslog or a database but do not send
it to the users browser.
Do not put it in the response if the server is running without -D option.

Do You Yahoo!?