The first sentence was just a pasting of what got sent to me.
;-)  I have no idea where the problem lies, hoestly.  Just
seeing if anyone else who develops using FTP has experienced
this.    Sorry if it came off judgemental.

On Tuesday 23 April 2002 5:49 pm, you wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-04-23 at 18:52, Jason Spisak wrote:
> > It would appear that their FTP implementation is not
> > working correctly, when connecting to a Zope FTP system
> > behind a firewall.
> >
> > Zope is running on port 8880 and ftp service works fine
> > from inside the firewall on port 8821.  From outside the
> > firewall, I get a login prompt, enter my password, but then
> > the directory listing never materializes.  Since I get the
> > login prompt, it's not a firewall packet issue.
> Do not be so quick to conclude that. FTP *has* firewall
> problems. since I know nothing of the firewall, I can not
> help in too much detail.

Jason Spisak
Marketing Director, Lycoris
Desktop/LX: Familiar. Powerful. Open.
+1 425 869-2930 voice, +1 425 671-0504 fax