That's right.  I remeber something about Linux ft servers
needing a rewriting module of something to be behind a firewall
and have people connect.  Thanks to all.  I'll go find the
answer elsewhere.

On Tuesday 23 April 2002 6:20 pm, Anthony Baxter wrote:
> > Do not be so quick to conclude that. FTP *has* firewall
> > problems. since I know nothing of the firewall, I can not
> > help in too much detail.
> ftp connections, by default, go from the ftp server->client
> for the data connections. the data is carried by a seperate
> channel, on a randomly numbered port. I'd say it's almost
> _certainly_ a firewall issue.

Jason Spisak
Marketing Director, Lycoris
Desktop/LX: Familiar. Powerful. Open.
+1 425 869-2930 voice, +1 425 671-0504 fax