ZPsycopgDA (for postgres) is definitely multi-threaded. I think zPopyDA is
too.

Another solution might be to setup your site using ZEO and several single
threaded ZEO Clients. Then put a load balancer in front of it. Then the
single-threadedness is much less of an issue, since you have multiple
instances handling the requests. You might need more hardware (or at least
more RAM) to make this pay off though.

-Casey