On Sun, 5 May 2002 06:59:53 -0400, "Andreas Jung"

>I think this behaviour is caused by Toby unicode patches
>that were merged into the trunk some time ago. Maybe Toby
>can give an explanation for this behaviour.

Aha! I think the problem is due to insufficient patches......

Andreas has been going through zope changing string.join(x,'') to
''.join(x), while I have been changing some instances to
unicode_join(x). unicode_join is like ''.join, but it take care to
avoid UnicodeError exceptions like the one reported by kent sin

It looks like I overlooked a couple of Anreas changes, and neglected
to change them to the unicode variant. This was causing a problem in
rendereding the "Properties" management tab if you had both Unicode
properties, and plain string properties containing non-ASCII

This is fixed in the current cvs. Thanks for the bug report.

Toby Dickenson