I recently checked the encrypted passwords option under the security
settings - applied it to previous users and lo an behold locked myself out..

Can someone please tell me how to 'fix' this situation?

I've tried to create an emergency user at the dos prompt:

>C:\Program Files\TestZope\bin>python "C:\program files\testzope\zpasswd.py"

but after entering username/password, specifying cleartext and hitting n or
return at the domain restrictions - the user does not appear to get created.

Any advice on this appreciated,