Myroslav Opyr wrote:

> For FreeBSD there is another pthreads related bug in Python. And
> quick-patch from
> with THREAD_STACK_SIZE=0x20000 solves the problem. But it is quick and
> dirty hack. Will it be solved in next bugfix release of Python?
> Whom/where I have to contact to have progress regarding the issue?
> I'll post comment into SF tracker because site which crashed
> previously works fine now (for 5 days already)... Is that sufficient?
> This dirty patch is not acceptable and clean solution have to take
> place. Should I take part and try to develop one?

Well, the way you start threading with pthreads requres a single
initializer for the stack size; once you have initialized the threading
environment you cannot change the stacksize later, to the best of my

I suppose you could finesse a new python startup argument, or
environment variable check.

I think the SF tracker is the best way to approach that.

Matt Kromer
Zope Corporation