On Tuesday 21 May 2002 01:39 pm, Joachim Schmitz wrote:
> Hi,
> great to hear, I just wanted to write a mail to the list asking for a joint
> effort for bringing ExternalEditor to Windows. I personally cannot offer
> any help, except testing it, since I am working on linux.
> I have EE installed and it works like charm, it is the solution for a
> problem, Zope has suffered from for a long time, and which gives a total
> new view to the Zope-IDE issue.
> One hint thought for the Windows-helper app, it should possibly not require
> python at least not with tkinter build in. If it would run and install one
> "pure" windows, that would be best.

I totally agree. And I still intend to deliver one that runs native on
windows, probably just using the windows scripting host.

This version will hopefully tide people over for the time being.

I also am thinking along the same lines with this being a new way to approach
an IDE. from the bottom up if you will, built as smaller pieces working
together with the web rather than trying to write it in one broad stroke
(which has always failed thus far).