On Friday 14 Jun 2002 3:13 pm, R. David Murray wrote:

> > Also, I noticed in my production var folder that there are a lot of files
> > named data.fs.tr0, data.fs.tr1, etc.  Can I delete these?
> I have no clue about these.  Never seen any myself.

When FileStorage finds some bad data at the end of its data.fs file, it copies
it to a .trXXX file and truncates data.fs

Windows 9X sometimes can add this bad data at the end of the file if it is not
shut down properly. This is probably what happened to you, so you can safely
delete them.

However, this is not the only possible cause. You may want to look at their
content, and see if it contains any valuable data. If it does, I think you
will need to recover it by hand.