On Saturday 27 Jul 2002 12:32 am, Ross Boylan wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 27, 2002 at 12:26:04AM +0200, Lennart Regebro wrote:
> > From: "Ross Boylan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >
> > > I don't follow that last paragraph.  Does it mean
> > > 1. acquisition created by a.__of__(b) doesn't survive transactions.
> >
> > Correct.
> Just to be sure I understand: so if c is persistent, and I say
> c.d = a.__of__(b)

This is storing an acquisition wrapper as an attribute of c.

acquisition wrappers are not persistent. This will raise an exception if you
try to store c in ZODB.

> and then a few transactions later I come back and get c.d, I am not
> going to find it's a.__of__(b)?

If you are trying to store it in ZODB, no.

If you are trying to store it in a global variable, maybe. The answer would be
"yes" except for products like Refresh that stomp on global variables.

> And also, does this mean that
> c.d = b.a
> also will not work?  Or is it only the __of__ that has the problem?

no different.