----- Original Message -----
From: "Toby Dickenson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Gilles Lenfant" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, August 01, 2002 3:51 PM
Subject: Re: [Zope-dev] Removing the acquisition wrapper from an object (Python script)

On Thursday 01 Aug 2002 2:44 pm, Gilles Lenfant wrote:

>> I can't understand that reason because it's also easy to strip away an
>> object's security settings in an untrusted python script that has a Manager
>> proxy. Well, I'm gonna make my 2 or 3 lines External method :(

>If thats true, its a bug. a serious one too. Please file an example in the
>collector

Toby,

It's definitively *NOT* a bug but a feature that's completely documented.
Most Zope objects inherit of RoleManager class. This class has (among others) this
method :

manage_permission(self, permission_to_manage, roles=[], acquire=0, REQUEST=None)

Just use this method in an "untrusted" python script on any Zope object, add to it
Manager proxy, and you're done.

--Gilles