On Wed, Aug 14, 2002 at 09:33:02PM +0200, Jerome Alet wrote:

> registering a ZMI plugin would be as simple as :
>
>         root.registerZMIPlugin("top|line|bottom", self)
>
> or :
>
>         root.registerTopZMIPlugin(self)
>         root.registerLineZMIPlugin(self)
>         root.registerBottomZMIPlugin(self)
>
> self represents the object which wants to register as a ZMI
> plugin.

I forgot to add that "root" in this case means any unique
Zope object which we are certain is always present (e.g. the
root object or the ControlPanel), which would register all
plugins as its own properties and could list all plugins
(that's why the ControlPanel is a good idea, but I don't know
if it would support this functionnality easily).

hoping this gets clearer now

Jerome Alet