> I guess the main complaint was that given a set of indexes sharing a
> lexicon, deleting the lexicon and replacing it with another one had
> no effect on the indexes and in fact removes your ability to manage
> their lexicon at all. So you must replace all of the indexes to use
> the new lexicon by hand.

What ability to "manage" the lexicon are you talking about?  The
lexicon has nothing manageable once it's created, except its name. :-)

IMO we should remove the external Lexicon from ZCTextIndex and let
ZCTextIndex create the Lexicon for you.  That means that the pipeline
options need to be selected when you create a ZCTextIndex -- this is
actually simpler because it's now one-stop shopping (except for the
need to still create a ZCatalog).