Sorry, maybe I'm too late ;) but I have a note here.

uid in Cataloc can be path but it can be any arbitrary unigue
identifier. In system I'm working with it is ID generated in the time of
object creation and it persists and it is uid in Catalog. Nothing wrong
with the methods themselves but about their name. As far as I understood
they are getRecordFromPath, getMetadataFromPath, getIndexFromPath.
Generally it will be path a uid of Catalolog, but naming in other cases
will be confusing. Maybe it is just a question of documentation?

Casey Duncan wrote:

>Your code looks fine, I think it meshes better with the underlying catalog
>code too. I don't have a problem with this getting checked in, just make
>sure you update IZCatalog.py, help/Catalog.py and add unit tests (that pass
Myroslav Opyr
zope.net.ua <http://zope.net.ua/>  Ukrainian Zope Hosting