On Thursday 29 Aug 2002 2:21 pm, Oliver Bleutgen wrote:

> If something like I described would be implemented into zope, it surely
> should be possible to start an extra thread for doing the stuff you give
> as an example

The issue is that zope *already* runs *every* request in a seperate thread
from the one that handles the connections, and has done since version 2.0.

In most almost every case these worker threads will have finished their
per-request work and all response data will have been calculated before the
user has a chance to press the stop button.