Hi all,

First, I apologize for posting this. I'm sure the topic has been discussed time and
again, but I couldn't find a definite answer to my queries:

1. I made a custom user folder using MySQL as a storage backend. But I always feel
wary about that User Folder method getUsers(). I have about 300,000 users in a MySQL
db table. Is this method really meant to return that many users? Or the fundamental
design of a Zope User Folder is intended for a small group of users?

2. Again, I have a 300,000-strong user base. Would it be wise to let them create a
home folder and start adding things of their own? Could ZODB's FileStorage model take
that much data without any problems or without severe perfomance penalty? I'm trying
to pull out huge data objects as external files (as I did with NeoBoard's
attachments), but I guess there's a limit to that approach too (and it's seemingly
stupid not to use ZODB for all the benefits it offers).

Simply put, say you already have 300,000 users with tons of data for each of them and
you want to put them and their data somewhere in and/or outside of Zope. What would
you do?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Wankyu Choi