On Wednesday 18 Sep 2002 4:23 pm, Lennart Regebro wrote:

> Having to restart each time I make a change is slowing down my development
> to a complete halt.

Something is wrong here. You should be able to restart Zope within a few

Are you using FileStorage? I guess you are not shutting Zope down cleanly. An
unclean shutdown means FileStorage needs to rebuild its in-memory index at
the next startup, which is a slow process.

Even with a clean shutdown that preserves the index, startup can be slower if
your database is huge. Using ZEO eliminates this.