On Friday 27 Sep 2002 10:16 am, Andreas Kostyrka wrote:

> Now in some cases ZPublisher adds the UTF-8 content-type

To a response header? I fairly sure ZPublisher never does that.

Perhaps you could add some debugging hooks to RESPONSE.setHeader to see who

> return a plain old string.
> And it does nothing to recode the string in UTF-8, ...

ZPublisher never recodes strings. If you return a plain string, then exactly
those same bytes will go out over the wire.

ZPublisher only performs encoding if you return a unicode string.