What you are looking for sounds like "stateful" through-the-web functionality.

I think you should use sessions to remember the form fields and/or whether the
user has been to this URL before.

I am suspect of an app design that makes a single URL mean different things in
this way, however. I suspect there is a much easier way to accomplish what
you want that does not use traversal hooks or magic redirect descrimination.

I'm still not sure I'm seeing the big picture of what you are really trying to
accomplish here.

-Casey

http://acme.com/myapp/contracts/TRW-001/taskorders/TO-01/invoices/DSDC-001-9301