I have noticed that all of my notifications on page edits in my ZWiki
are dated year=1969.

This happens because there is no "Date" header in the email message
sent from ZWiki (version 0.10)

The MailHost product that comes with Zope 2.5.1 does not add a Date
header to mail messages.

My mozilla email client seems to interpret the lack of a date header as
date="the beginning of time", or somewhere in 1969 ;-)

My Zope-based web app *also* uses MailHost to send out emails.
It has the same problem.

Here is my question.  Should ZWiki, my web app, and everybody else's
Zope-based web app in the world have to add "Date" headers?
Or maybe MailHost should be smart enough to add a Date header with
Date=now if Date is missing from the header...?

If someone from ZC agrees that this is a good idea, I would be happy
to provide a patch.