On Thu, 10 Oct 2002, Toby Dickenson wrote:

> On Thursday 10 Oct 2002 5:06 pm, Brian R Brinegar wrote:
> > And my first
> > intuition is to increase the number of threads.
> If your system is already cpu bound then your intuition may be wrong. more
> threads means more context switching overhead reducing overall throughput,
> each request takes longer because they get a smaller share of the cpu, and a
> larger memory overhead (memory usage is proportional to the number of
> threads)

It's possible to add more Zeo Clients which will produce more available
threads. I don't want to buy more machines if the machines we have aren't
being using to capacity.

If there is a way to see that the Zeo Clients are getting more requests
than they can handle and thus queueing up requests it is probably time to
add more machines.