You might want to take a look at my ZopeTestCase package. It supports Zope
security testing with users, roles, permissions and all.

Also see the tests coming with the ReplaceSupport and DocFinderEverywhere
products. In essence restrictedTraverse() will work. Alternatively you
could call getSecurityManager().validate() or .validateValue() directly.

--On Montag, 14. Oktober 2002 15:49 +0100 Chris Withers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Hi,
> I'd like to build a suite of security tests for a product I'm writing
> using
> Is this possible?
> I thought about using newSecurityManager with various known users, and
> restrictedTraverse to get to the appropriate methods, but then how do I
> test if those methods are callable?
> cheers,
> Chris
> PS: How is all this being tackled in Zope 3?
Those who write software only for pay should go hurt some other field.
/Erik Naggum/