Maybe this would be a good opportunity to evaluate Puffin
(www.puffinhome.org)? Security API calls through unit tests are one thing,
but testing the whole functioning system from the outside seems like the best
approach. Puffin should be a Zope partner, IMHO.

Regards,

Eron

On Monday 14 October 2002 10:49 am, Chris Withers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to build a suite of security tests for a product I'm writing using
> unittest.py.
>
> Is this possible?
>
> I thought about using newSecurityManager with various known users, and
> restrictedTraverse to get to the appropriate methods, but then how do I
> test if those methods are callable?
>
> cheers,
>
> Chris
>
> PS: How is all this being tackled in Zope 3?

> ---

Eron Lloyd
Technology Coordinator
Lancaster County Library