Lennart Regebro wrote:
From: "Casey Duncan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

This is in no way a defense of the release tactics for 2.6.0, but
these types of changes should be done on their own branch and
then merged in atomically to avoid exactly this type of issue.

They were. There were two independant, but related, bugs. Both made in their
own branch, and merged in atomically.
Personally, I'd put this down to bad luck. Bugs are bugs and you don't know they're there until you notice them. I don't think there was anything that could have reasonably been done to prevent this.

That said, can we see if we can actually get 2.6.1 out within a week (OK, lets be sane and say month ;-).

This is open source, lets release early and often...

(Related lists - http://lists.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope-announce