----- Original Message -----
From: "Jerome Alet" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Gilles Lenfant" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "Leonardo Rochael Almeida" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "Zope Developers list"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, November 05, 2002 9:40 PM
Subject: Re: [Zope-dev] Using Zope from a console script

> On Tue, Nov 05, 2002 at 09:46:03PM +0100, Gilles Lenfant wrote:
> >
> > But just want to run a console application, not running it from another
Zope
> > instance.
>
> xml-rpc should be the way to go.

Yes,

That's the way I started to do the stuff but this requires too many Zope
side xmlrpc handlers I should not need if accessing directly to the Zope
objects.
In addition, running through xmlrpc slows down dramatically the stuff.
xmlrpc is the good solution when you need few transactions with the server,
that is not my case where I use lots of arbitrary methods on objects.

Please don't cross-post this problem to a PHP/MySQL mailing list, they would
laught out loudly :)

Cheers

--Gilles