ZCTextIndex is to become the full replacement for old TextIndex. There are a
couple of outstanding patches for making the ZCTextIndex splitter, etc.
locale friendly. Whether those solve your problem I don't know.

We are happy to improve ZCTextIndex for international use, however we at Zope
Corp are not authorities in the matter, so we will require some help from
those who are.

If you can create a collector issue that illustrates the problems you have
experienced (perhaps posting some sample content), that we be a great start.

-Casey