Dieter Maurer wrote:
Brian R Brinegar writes:
 > We have diskless ZEO clients (Netboot). There is really no reason for our
 > ZEO clients to write their caches to the disk (RAM Disk). Can we turn this
 > off? To free up RAM for the other caches?
With Zope 2.5 and Zeo 1.x, no cache is written unless you define
"ZEO_CLIENT".
Well, that's not quite correct. If you don't define ZEO_CLIENT, it writes a cache using tempfiles. That usually doesn't matter, but in this case it does matter since there are only RAM disks.

One option might be to put the caches on a shared disk. This assumes that shared disk access is faster than accessing the ZEO server. However, since ZEO caches are generally relatively small for today's RAM sizes (20 MB), and there's only one such cache per box, just letting ZEO use the RAM disk seems optimal.

Shane