--On Dienstag, 26. November 2002 08:35 -0500 Guido van Rossum <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Could you try again with the C version, substituting a different
malloc implementation, or Python 2.3 (which has effectively a
different malloc for small blocks)?  It could be a semi-bug in the
platform malloc where the allocation and deallocation pattern of your
test happens to cause worst-case fragmentation.  Using Python code
probably changes the allocation pattern enough to avoid the
fragmentation.

What do you mean with a different malloc implementation?
Currently we are bound to Python 2.1.3 and Zope 2.5.X and we can not
upgrade to other Zope/Python versions at least for the installation
where I encountered the problem.

Andreas

- Andreas Jung http://www.andreas-jung.com -
- EMail: andreas at andreas-jung.com -
- "Life is too short to (re)write parsers" -