Casey Duncan wrote:
On Tuesday 10 December 2002 03:14 pm, Guido van Rossum wrote:

Can we get the same patch without the generic "except:", please?

the last thing I want is a database corruption caused by resizing the
Edit box...
Why would this particular except clause cause database corruption?
I think Leonard is refering to catching ConflictErrors. However I don't think int() touches the database ;^).
I saw "try: int() except:" pattern in many places through all the Zope code. I think catching ValueError only does the job, but then we should replace it in all the places. :-)

Dmitry Vasiliev (dima at