The semantics of Zope's database functionality is such that duplicate column
names are not (and probably never will be) possible in the same result set.
This is because Zope expects to access columns by name rather than position.
Therefore each one must have a distinct name.

The only workaround I can see would be some sort of automatic renaming of
columns, but that sounds like a bad idea since it introduces some serious bug
potential if the columns are renamed differently then the application
expects.

Just for curiousity, what is the use case for returning multiple columns with
the same name? Sounds dubious to me.

-Casey