Hello everybody,
I want to write a custom UserFolder to allow for a certain type of authentication/validation.
One straightforward way to do so is to inherit from UserFolder and override the validate method.
Nevertheless, the validate method is documented in the code as PRIVATE object interface, which means -I guess- that is not part of the object API and no guarantee of compatibility with newer version is given.

I noticed there's a securityManager.validate method that takes the same parameters as the UserFolder.validate one, but the former is part of the Zope API: should I use that one to implement validation for my user folder? If this is the case, how can I manage extending class UserFolder and using
SecurityManager.validate as well?

(Related lists - http://lists.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope-announce