Andy McKay wrote:
Collector number 735:

This was prompted by some bugs people found with Plone. For a two character
fix that to me looked like a simple oversight I didn't bother with a unit
I'm not going to comment on whether or not page templates should work this way.

There good reasons to write a unit test in just this kind of situation:

It is only a two character fix. So, someone else might come along later, and think that those two characters shouldn't be there -- just as you think those two characters should be there. They could remove those characters, and no tests would fail.

Also, in a refactoring, this behaviour couild be easily lost if there is no unit test to demonstrate correct behaviour.

Steve Alexander