> Bjorn Stabell wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > When a content is rendered by the Zpublisher, its index_html() is
> > called.  When it is rendered in DTML, e.g., as <dtml-var
> content>, its
> > __call__ method is called.  The __call__ method is also
> called if the
> > object appears in <dtml-if content> or <dtml-with content>.  Is it
> > possible to render these two cases differently from <dtml-var
> > content>?
>
> Which two cases?
> What do you mean by 'differently'?
>
> cheers,
>
> Chris

I would like

  <dtml-var content>
  <dtml-with content>...
  <dtml-if content>

to call different functions.  The first renders the object, the second
returns a mapping of the content's attributes/properties, the third
checks for "trueness" of the content.  Rendering a content could be an
expensive operation and I don't want to do it when doing dtml-with and
dtml-if.