Paul Winkler wrote:
On Wed, Jan 15, 2003 at 05:30:58PM +0000, seb bacon wrote:

Shane, AdaptableStorage is insane and beautiful - congratulations :-)

It seems to inspire insanity :) kosh and i got into a discussion on #zope
about using AdaptableStorage with reiserfs4, mapping zope properties
to reiserfs4 properties... finally, a fully really transparent unix filesystem <-> ZODB solution that isn't a half-assed version of either! didn't get into detail but it seems like it should be doable.
That's not insanity, it's just discovering that what was nasty and difficult before is now doable. :-) I really didn't appreciate the elegance of Mac resource forks until I created the ".properties" files. I understand NTFS has multiple named forks and other filesystems like ReiserFS are developing similar capabilities. Neat. Let's use them!