On Mon, 2003-01-27 at 07:40, Toby Dickenson wrote:
> On Saturday 25 January 2003 1:07 am, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> Is there an estimate for this?
> afaict, the public schedule since December has been that this is imminent any
> day now. I have some important bug fixes that I would like to include in
> 2.6.1, and I would like some assurance that beta 2 will not be released
> mid-merge.

I don't think b2 will be release without a heads-up (right, folks?), so
I think you should go ahead and include them, but that's is just MHO.

Still, I (and the community, I think) would like to know what's keeping
b2 and if there's anything we can do to help it.

Maybe this is just another case of a part of the Zope "process" that
unecessarily depends on ZopeCorp manpower that could, perhaps, be
delegated to the comunity, such as compiling packages for some
platforms, etc.

Ideas don't stay in some minds very long because they don't like
solitary confinement.