On Thu, 2003-01-30 at 19:52, Asad Habib wrote:
> Hi. I was wondering whether any of you know if it is
> possible to create properties for Folder objects using
> a Zope Python script that can then be invoked from a
> DTML method. I know that this is possible using Zope's
> management interface, but this procedure is not
> scalable. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

In your PythonScript, call

theFolder.manage_addProperty(id=<property-id>, value=<property-value>,
type=<property-type>)

later on, when you need to change a property, you can call:

theFolder.manage_changeProperties(<property-id>=<property-value>)

For more information on managing properties, read the file

<your zope>/lib/python/OFS/PropertyManager.py

Cheers, Leo

--
Ideas don't stay in some minds very long because they don't like
solitary confinement.