> Sorry but I don't see that. How on earth are you suposed to add an
> object to an objectmanager, if you don't use _setObject() ??

You use another method that in turn calls _setObject.

Now you may argue that there should be a public method that does the same,
but that is strictly another question.

> Every time you make an object that subclasses ObjectManager, wich is
> often, you need to use that function. That can hardly be called private.

It depends on what you define as "private". I have never seen the use of
shielding a method from future subclasses of a class. It only causes
problems and unessecary restrictions. For me, private means that you shield
it from use outside of the object, not from your subclasses.