On Wed, Feb 05, 2003 at 05:08:35PM -0500, Shane Hathaway wrote:
> I don't know whether absolute_url should be accessible via URL, but
> here's a way to get the same thing (almost): add a script at the root of
> your site called "AbsoluteURL", with the body "return
> context.absolute_url()".  Then just use
> "http://example.com/foo/bar/AbsoluteURL"; instead of
> "http://example.com/foo/bar/absolute_url";.

sure, I can do that... i'm just surprised it's not on by default.

Here's another argument:
Image.tag is callable via URL.  absolute_url is not.
Inconsistency is confusing, especially to newbies.

if I had the time, I'd go through the API Reference and
catalog methods that are callable by URL and methods that
are not, and try to make some sense of it.
I suspect it would be pretty random ;-)

For now, I think I will file a feature request & patch in the

Paul Winkler
Look! Up in the sky! It's OCTO FLAGELLA FIGHTER!