Toby Dickenson wrote:
> There is no amount of reconfiguration that can improve this in Zope2. Zope3
> promises to fix this, but with modular python components rather than modular
> unix components. I would be interested in your thoughts on whether this makes
> a difference.

I don't think modular component libraries are a replacement for
modular programs, or vice versa.  They both have their place, they
both can be good or bad depending on the implementation.  (How's that
for a wishy-washy say-nothing statement. <g>)  I simply haven't looked
seriously at Zope3 yet, because my needs and Zope3's timeline don't
coincide.  So unfortunately any opinons I could offer on Zope3's
direction would be wholely uninformed.

Jamie Heilman
"We must be born with an intuition of mortality.  Before we know the words
 for it, before we know there are words, out we come bloodied and squalling
 with the knowledge that for all the compasses in the world, there's only
 one direction, and time is its only measure."          -Rosencrantz