I hope this is the proper list for my question, or at least for my

I have a Python product which contains Python scripts (*.py) and DTML
methods (*.dtml) which can get used by the user to create certain standard
versions of e.g. generated menus etc.; the ZODB objects can then be
customized. The templates are located in a certain subdirectory of my
product. This works fine.

When I run the Zope install script on a freshly installed Zope, and my
Product is already there, it complains that the *.py scripts (aimed for
import) would be invalid, because there are return-, but no def statements.
Thus, installation fails; I must first remove my product.

My question: is it possible to tell the install script not to compile a
certain directory subtree, e.g. placing a certain file somewhere?

My suggestion: if there is no possiblity yet, it would be great if it would
come in a future version.