Thanks much for the quick response. And good news, too!

Hum. In your opinion, what is the best way to do this? My constraints:

- I use both windows 2000 and Red Hat Linux 8
- I do *not* have a C/C++ compiler on Windows

Do I need to build Zope from source in order to use Python 2.2? Or can I simply get rid of $ZOPE/lib/python2.1 and replace it with
$ZOPE/lib/python2.2 (retrofit)? What are the ramifications of this choice?

Sorry for so many questions; I am trying to get the most stable setup I can,
while doing the least amount of setup work :-)

Thanks very much!

--Craeg

BTW, The answers to these questions should probably be on zope.org
or in a wiki somewhere, do you agree?

Chris McDonough wrote:

Hi Craeg,

2.6.X appears to work great with Python 2.2.  We even removed the
startup warning lately.  I'd go this way were I you as 2.7 is probably
still some time away and you almost certainly don't want to be tracking
the trunk, as its relatively volatile at the moment.

- C