i started up a wiki page @
http://www.zope.org/Members/k_vertigo/ShortStories/python2_2

which details some of the issues with running python2.2 and zope2.6, contributions welcome.

fwiw, i've been running python2.2 and zope2.6 for development and production on mac os x (server&desktop)
and linux without any problems.

-haz

Chris McDonough wrote:

Hi Craeg,

2.6.X appears to work great with Python 2.2.  We even removed the
startup warning lately.  I'd go this way were I you as 2.7 is probably
still some time away and you almost certainly don't want to be tracking
the trunk, as its relatively volatile at the moment.

- C