Dieter Maurer wrote:
Oliver Bleutgen wrote at 2003-6-6 11:46 +0200:
> 3. And (minor problem, but whatever), since zope relies completely on > the browser to send cookies only the right time (i.e. that the path set > for the cookie must match a prefix of the request-URI), this might > also give unexpected results with acquisition.

3. is already implemented correctly (I think).

I doubt it, since the code which causes the opening of a versioned db connection doesn't know anything about the path semantics of the value of 'Zope-Version'.
Let's say you have

aMethod
aFolder
      aVersion

and have entered the version at aFolder/aVersion and POST to

aFolder/aMethod/manage_doSomething

(manage_doSomething changes aMethod)

your browser will send a 'Zope-Version' cookie with value 'aFolder/aVersion' (standards conform, since you are requesting an URL below '/aFolder', the path of this 'Zope-Version' cookie), and aMethod will be locked in that version.

Not tested, but I would take a bet.

cheers,
oliver