Leonardo Rochael Almeida wrote:
What are these rules? what happens if an application doesn't follow
them? Do we get Conflicts just like before or are we suddenly bound to
make the application follow the rules?

The important rule, which only has to be followed by the portion of the application running inside the special connection, is that changes to objects should be made through the replayable interface provided by the connection. If the connection detects changes made outside the replayable interface, it will probably complain in a log message and let conflict errors propagate to the application until the next transaction.

I read the Shield/README.txt and the ArmoredCatalog proposal, but I'm
still a bit lost.

The ideas weren't as clear in my head then as they are now. :-) See my reply to Chris.