> To anyone not following the "Problem committing  zope 'version' objects"
> thread on [EMAIL PROTECTED]:  It's been proposed that Versions should be
> at least stamped in the ZMI with big warnings, or possibly disabled
> altogether.  Numerous users have been bit by the fact that versions
> basically do not work as advertised, leading in various cases to zodb
> corruption or work that can't be saved.  There are other security issues
> that Oliver Bleutgen raised privately which I won't state here.
>
> Comments?  Could we get at least some warnings in the ZMI before
> 2.6.2 final?

IMO versions do nothing except complexify the code.  I believe it's an
official Zope Corp position to discourage them for new projects.  Yet
Jeremy Hylton seems to think that they are somehow useful and has
carefully preserved them in ZODB 4 (== Zope 3).  If it were up to me,
they would have been gone, with a big helping of YAGNI!